Recruitment of an Employment Pass holder
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $3,900 a month and have acceptable educational and working qualifications.
- Fixed monthly salary of at least $3,900 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries)
- The duration of the pass is as follows:
- First-time candidates: up to 2 years
- Renewals: up to 3 years
- The pass is renewable
- No foreign worker levy or quota required
- Eligible pass holders can apply passes for family (Dependant's Pass or Long Term Visit Pass)
Who Can Qualify
The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:
- Have a job offer in Singapore
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job
- Have a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,900 (older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries)
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills
Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.
Job Advertise on MyCareersFuture.sg (Jobs Bank)
Before applying for an Employment Pass, employers should advertise the job on MyCareersFuture.sg (Jobs Bank) and consider all candidates fairly. This is to promote fair employment practices and improve labour market transparency.
The advertisement should clearly explain the job requirements and salary offered to attract the right candidates. The advertisement must be open for at least 14 days to allow job seekers to view and apply for the vacancy.
All employers must practise fair hiring even if their job vacancies can be exempted from advertising.
Employers are exempted from advertising on MyCareersFuture.sg if any of the following applies:
- Company has fewer than 10 employees.
- The fixed monthly salary for the vacancy is $20,000 and above.
- The vacancy is to be filled by an intra-corporate transferee as defined by the World Trade Organisation’s General Agreement on Trade in Services.
- The vacancy is short-term, i.e. not more than 1 month.
The Fair Consideration Framework sets out the requirements for all employers in Singapore to consider candidates fairly for job opportunities. Employers should not discriminate candidates based on non-job related characteristics such as age, gender, nationality or race.