Employment Pass (EP)
What is an Employment Pass (EP)?
An Employment Pass is for foreign professionals, managers and executives wanting to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $4,500 a month and have acceptable qualifications to qualify for the pass.
Requirements for an Employment Pass
The candidate must:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of S$4,500
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialized job
- Hold appropriate academic qualifications (a university degree, or professional qualifications)
How to apply for an EP?
Usually, the employers will apply on behalf of the employee.
- Once you have all the required documents and information, you can apply either online or manually with the MOM.
- The employment pass processing time usually takes about 3 weeks.
- Once the employment pass is approved, you’ll get a notification letter that allows your employee to start working and travelling in and out of Singapore.
- The EP card will be issued.
Documents required for Employment Pass
- Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
- Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate.
- Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.
What if the Employment Pass application is rejected?
If your EP application is rejected, you or your employer have three months to appeal the decision by offering further clarifying information to MOM.
You can find more information here:
If you want to increase your chances of approval, Sleek is happy to help!