Tax waiver for a dormant company
Criteria to Qualify for the Income Tax Waiver
- must be dormant and has submitted either its Form C-S/ C, accounts and tax computations up to the date of cessation of business;
- must not own any investments (e.g. shares, real properties, fixed deposits). If the company owns investments, it must not derive any income from these investments;
- must have been de-registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) purposes prior to this application if it had previously been a GST-registered company; and
- must not have the intention to recommence business within the next 2 years
If not qualified for above Tax Waiver
A dormant company can submit its Income Tax Return by:
- e-Filing via myTax Portal using the File Form C-S/ C for Dormant Company e-Service. To e-File the Form for Dormant Company, you must first be authorised as an "Approver" in CorpPass.
- Submitting a hard copy of the Income Tax Return (Form C-S/ C). The dormant company need only complete Page 1 of Form C-S/ C and need not submit its financial statements to IRAS. However, a dormant company needs to file a management account.