Work visas available in Singapore

If you are a foreigner and wants to work in Singapore, a work visa is required. Below are some common work visas in Singapore and a quick introduction to them.

Employment Pass (EP)

An Employment Pass is for foreign professionals, managers and executives wanting to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $5,000 a month and have acceptable qualifications to qualify for the pass.

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

A Personalised Employment Pass is for high-earning existing Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals who want to work in Singapore. PEP offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass (EP).

Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass (ONE Pass)

An Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass is meant for top talent in business, arts and culture, sports, as well as academia and research. Candidates need to earn at least S$30,000 a month to qualify for the pass.


An Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) is intended for serial entrepreneurs, high-calibre innovators or experienced investors who want to operate a business in Singapore.

S Pass

An S Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower is a common visa for mid-level skilled staff (e.g. technicians) wanting to settle in this bustling city. The employer will apply for an S Pass on behalf of their future employee.

Dependant's Pass (DP)

The Dependant's Pass (DP) is a visa that allows spouses and children aged below 21 years old to relocate and live together with an Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, ONE Pass, EntrePass or S Pass holder.

A Letter of Consent is meant for DP holders who intend to start and operate their own business in Singapore.

Did this answer your question?