Permits and licensing for a hotel, boarding house or guest home

If you want to open a hotel in Singapore (including lodging house, boarding house, guest home), you must obtain:

  • Certificate of Registration to use the premises as a hotel; and
  • Hotel-Keeper’s license to enable the person to manage the hotel

Plus, if the activities listed below take place in your premises, you would need to get an additional license for it:

  • Housing TVs
  • Organizing ad-hoc entertainment
  • Playing copyrighted music/videos
  • Running a spa
  • Selling tobacco products
  • Operating a swimming pool
  • Halal certification

You can view more details in the Hotels Licensing board

GoBusiness Licensing is a platform where you can find information and apply for licenses and permits. Click here to visit the platform.

Did this answer your question?