Process if you are exempted from holding an Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Below are the steps if a company is exempted to hold the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Company (or Sleek as accountant) will need to provide the finalised financial statements within 5 months after the end of its financial year (FYE)
If a company is dormant and fulfils the requirements to be exempted from preparing financial statements, the company shall still provide its management accounts for approval.
- Sleek Corporate Secretary team will prepare and send the following documents for signature. The documents will be signed through SleekSign. You may refer to this article on how to SleekSign a document.
General list of AGM documents (documents may vary depending on structure of company):
- Directors’ resolutions to amongst others, to approve the financial statements and note the exemption to hold AGM (to be signed by all Directors)
- Member(s) Confirmation to confirm receipt of financial statements within 5 months after end of FYE (to be signed by all members)
- Statement by small company exempted from audit requirements (to be signed by all Directors)
- Statement by dormant company exempted from audit requirements (to be signed by all Directors)
- Annual Declaration (to be signed by a Director)
- Respective directors and members will need to sign the Financial Statements and AGM documents.
- Company (or Sleek as accountant) will provide XBRL format of financial statements for filing with ACRA (if applicable).
- Sleek Corporate Secretary team will file the Annual Return with ACRA. The Annual Return should be filed:
- Within 7 months after the end of FYE, or
- If the extension is filed, within 9 months after the end of FYE.