Registered Office Address in Singapore
The key considerations for a Registered Office Address
When you are setting up your business in Singapore, It is mandated under Section 142(1) of the Companies Act, Cap. 50 for every company to have a local registered office address in Singapore at the point of incorporation.
Criteria for a registered office address
A registered office address has to fulfil the following criteria:
- It has to be a physical office address in Singapore
- It cannot be a P.O. box address
Using your home address as a registered office address
If you are living in Singapore, you can wish to use your home address as the registered office address. This can be done under the Home Office Scheme with URA or HDB.
You also need to consider the type of business activity that is permitted under the Home Office Scheme. Click here to find out if your business activity is permitted. Many common business types are not permitted such as food catering, manufacturing, courier services, beauty services and more.
By using your home address, you also do not have privacy as the address will be public information as the registered office address of a business can be easily found.
Sign up for the registered office address services offered by Sleek
If you are living in Singapore and if you are not, getting the registered office address service via your corporate service provider is always the best and mostly chosen option.
Find out why:
- Having an office address located at the prestigious central business district will help in attracting potential investors and customers, especially if the business activity is related to the corporate industry.
- Renting an office can be costly! If you are from overseas, most of them would rather use their Company Secretary provider’s office address as their registered office address.
- Go paperless! When you sign up with Sleek’s registered office address service, we can assist with the handling of mails that are received from the Singapore Government Authorities, banks and other government entities and assist with the scanning of the mails to your platform directly.