How do I file a GST return?
What is a GST return and how to file it?
As a Singapore GST registered business, you need to submit a return (GST F5) to IRAS every quarter. You can also file your GST returns electronically via the IRAS myTax Portal.
What to indicate in a GST return?
You have to indicate the following:
- Total value of your sales (international and local)
- Value of exports and purchases from GST registered entities,
- GST collected, and
- GST claimed for that accounting period
When to file a GST return?
You need to ensure that IRAS receives your submission within 30 days after the end of your business quarter even if there are no taxes due.
If you file your GST returns late, you can expect penalties regardless of whether the net GST declared is a payable or refundable amount. You will receive your GST refunds within 30 days from the date of receipt of the return.
Common GST Error
- Claiming GST from customers without a valid tax invoice
- Claiming GST for personal expenses
- Not disclosing errors in GST ﬁling